Among the hottest headlines in worldwide fintech in latest days concerned business innovators from the Land Down Beneath. Late within the week, monetary consultancy agency Synechron introduced that it had agreed to acquire Australian funds supplier Attra. Headquartered in Melbourne, Attra is notable for being one in every of pure play funds answer suppliers in Australia, with attain all through the area in addition to into North America, Europe, and MENA. Attra will retain its model id post-acquisition.
In the meantime, Nationwide Australia Financial institution (NAB) unveiled a brand new good receipt answer developed in collaboration with Australian fintech Slyp. The providing, Slyp Sensible Receipts, can be found by way of the NAB cell app, and allow NAB clients to robotically get itemized good receipts from taking part retailers.
“Receipts are a burden for purchasers, create pointless price for companies and have a damaging impression to the environment,” Slyp CEO and co-founder Paul Weingarth mentioned. “The introduction of good receipts permits companies to supply a seamless and frictionless buyer expertise far past what we all know it as right this moment.”
On the e-commerce entrance, the purchase now pay later revolution rolls on. Zip, a BNPL firm primarily based in Australia, inked a deal with Fb this week that may allow small companies to make use of its installment fee service to pay for Fb adverts.
Zip’s partnership with Fb is its second massive, e-commerce collaboration in latest months. In August, the corporate teamed up with eBay, bringing its purchase now pay later providing to the web market.
Trying to be taught extra about fintech in Australia? Try KPMG Australia’s report on the country’s fintech industry from final fall. And for a more moderen snapshot, check out FintechNews Singapore’s “9 Hottest Aussie Fintech Startups” from earlier this 12 months.
We’ve lined a wholesome quantity of worldwide fintech information on the weblog this week. Right here’s a fast digest of what you may need missed.
Tink Lands $103 Million in Funding, Boosts Valuation to $824 Million – The brand new spherical for the Swedish fintech was co-led by new investor Eurazeo Progress and current investor Daybreak Capital.
Xoom Adds Money Transfer Capabilities to 12 African Countries – The enlargement focuses on facilitating remittances to underbanked customers in 12 African nations.
How to Manage and Exceed Evolving Customer Expectations – Our interview with the co-founder of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada-based FI.SPAN.
Right here is our take a look at fintech all over the world.
- Threat decisioning chief Provenir announces information integration partnership with Philippines-based different credit score scoring firm FinScore.
- South Korean funds agency CHAI scores $60 million in Collection B funding.
- Mastercard and Pine Labs to bring their built-in purchase now pay later answer to 5 markets in Southeast Asia early in 2021.
- The Banker looks at how Nigeria’s fintech business is flourishing within the face of financial challenges.
- TechFinancial reviews the expansion of fintech in South Africa by the lens of the nation’s Monetary Sector Conduct Authority.
- Convergence Companions, a South African expertise funding administration firm, announces $5 million funding in sub-Saharan cell cash providers firm Channel VAS.
Central and Japanese Europe
- German digital asset custody expertise supplier Bitbond partners with Bankhaus von Der Heydt to difficulty a Euro stablecoin on the Stellar community.
- Hungary’s Magyar Nemzeti Financial institution (MNB) inks cooperation settlement with the Financial Authority of Singapore to spice up collaboration in fintech innovation between Hungary and Singapore.
- Berlin-based plug and play, European securities API supplier Upvest raises further €5 million to spice up its Collection A to €12 million.
Center East and Northern Africa
- Egyptian fintech Zeal Rewards secures “six-figure” seed funding from an unnamed angel investor.
- Israeli entrepreneur Uri Levine predicts that the following unicorn from the MENA area will come from the UAE.
- SME10x looks at how the purchase now pay later motion is remodeling ecommerce within the Center East.
Central and Southern Asia
- IBS Intelligence features 5 prime digital lenders in India.
- Bangalore-based i-exceed reports features in digital onboarding adoption charges in company banking.
- SafePay, an organization that allows B2C funds, secures funding from new Pakistan-based VC agency backed by Gobi Ventures.
Latin America and the Caribbean
- Bitso, a cryptocurrency platform primarily based in Mexico, raises $62 million in Collection B.
- Cross border B2B paytech supplier TransferMate announces licensing approvals in Brazil and Chile.
- Mexican challenger financial institution albo secures $45 million in funding.